Earlier we covered a free Video Splitter called Easy Video Splitter to cut videos.It can split AVI, DivX, MPEG, MPEG-1 and MPEG-2, WMV or ASF files. We also did a review on a free VCD Cutter to split VCDs. Here we cover yet another free utility to cut videos called Free Video Cutter.
Free Video Cutter lets you to cut and split any video file. It supports cutting of videos of formats MPEG 1/2, MPEG4, DivX, Xvid, AVI, WMV, Quicktime MOV, Flash and more. This Free Video Cutter is not only easy to use but is also free of any adware or spyware.
How to cut videos using Free video Cutter?
- Download Free video Cutter from freevideocutter.com and install the program on your PC
- Run the program and click “Open Video” button to choose a video file on your computer. Once you choose a valid video file, the program will read the video information such as “Bit-rate”‘ and “Duration” and automatically create video thumbnails
- Next, drop the left button of the left Track Bar to mark the start position for cutting the video
- Then, drop the right button of the right Track Bar to mark the end position for cutting the video
- Choose a format for the output video. You can save the video in MPEG, WMV, FLV (Flash Video), DivX, MP3 (saves only audio) or MOV formats
- Click “Save Video” to save the output
That is all! Free video Cutter will do its job of cutting the video and saving it in the chosen format.
Free video Cutter Options:
There is also an options button in the Free video Cutter, through which you can do the following.
- Change Precision – To set the cutting position of one video file, a precision value need to be set.The default precision value is 60, i.e. Free Video Cutter program will set 60 positions for one video. For eg., if the video to cut is of 3 minutes duration, then the length of each video clip will be 5 seconds. If you need more with huge videos, you can change this precision value between 10 to 200
- Choose not to create video thumbs – This option lets you cut videos without creating video thumbnails and thereby save time in cutting large videos
If you are looking for a tool to shrink your big videos and trim the blank content towards the beginning and the end of the video or to cut large videos into sever smaller videos, then download and enjoy the Free video cutter!
If you are looking for a tool to join several smaller videos, then you may like to read a review on the Free Video Joiner
People who read this also viewed these helpful relevant videos
Current average ratings.