When you play CDs, do you get input/output (I/O) conflict or your computer freezes and stops responding? The input/output (I/O) conflict or computer freezes can happen when you do not have updated drivers on your computer’s CD drive.Check for updated drivers for your CD drive on Windows Update.
It could also be that your CD drive does not support digital playback.In this scenario, you can switch to analog playback.
How to switch from digital playback to analog playback on windows media player in windows XP or vista?
In windows media player (WMP) for windows XP or vista:
- On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the Devices tab.
- Click the CD drive for which you want to switch to analog playback, and then click Properties.
- In the Playback area of the Audio tab, click Analog.
In windows media player 7 (WMP 7.0):
- On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the CD Audio tab.
- Clear the Digital playback check box.
Then do the following:
- Open Device Manager.
- Right-click your CD drive, and then click Properties.
- Clear the Enable digital CD audio for this CD-ROM device check box.
People who read this also viewed these helpful relevant videos
Current average ratings.