Download AVG Free Anti-virus Edition 9.0 – AVG Antivirus is one of the most popular free virus protection software available on the internet for home users.
We had earlier told you about how you could download AVG 8.5 Free. Now version 9.0 of this free antivirus edition has been released.
There are three basic protection levels offered by the free AVG 9.0 antivirus solution. They are Anti-Virus, Anti-spyware and Link Scanner.
Features of Free AVG 9.0 Antivirus Software:
- Anti-Virus – This feature offers protection against viruses, worms or Trojan horse.
- Anti-spyware – This protects all information saved on your computer by preventing any unauthorized access by spyware and adware.
- Link-Scanner – This scans links on any web page you visit and ensures they are safe, before you click them.
Installation Requirements for Free AVG 9.0:
AVG 9 Free Edition is intended to protect workstations with the following operating systems:
- Windows 2000 Professional SP4.
- Windows XP Home Edition SP2.
- Windows XP Professional SP2.
- Windows XP Professional x64 Edition SP1.
- Windows Vista (x86 and x64, all editions).
- Windows 7 (x86 and x64, all editions).
It also supports a few higher service packs for specific operating systems.
Recommended hardware requirements for AVG 9 Free edition:
- Intel Pentium CPU 1,8 GHz.
- 512 MB of RAM memory.
- 550 MB of free hard drive space (for installation purposes).
AVG 2011 Antivirus Edition:
Download AVG Free 9.0 and Install:
One can download AVG Free Anti-virus Edition 9.0 from here. After downloading and saving the file on your hard disk, you can launch the installation process. It is a sequence of dialog windows with a brief description of what to do at each step.
There are basically two installation options offered by the “Select Installation Type” dialog – “Standard” and “Custom“. While Standard method is recommended for all users, custom method is meant for a few advanced users.
Standard installation dos not require any user intervention and AVG is automatically installed with predefined settings. These settings ensure maximum security and optimal resource usage. This method also makes it easy to make any configuration changes directly in free AVG 9 application.
Custom installation is meant for advanced users who might have a need to install AVG with custom settings rather than the default configuration offered by the standard method.
Download AVG Free Anti-virus Edition 9.0, install and enjoy free real-time virus protection on your Home PC. It works with Windows vista and Windows XP. If you require more comprehensive protection, you could try their commercial PC security software.
Current average ratings.