Are you listening to a great song or audio streaming from the internet and wish that you could download it to your computer and listen to it, whenever you like? We are always fond of freewares that can help us accomplish such tasks.This is when we came across MP3myMP3.
MP3myMP3 is an extremely intuitive program to use and it has all the essential features to capture and download audio quickly and easily. It works by recording the streaming audio played on your computer’s speakers. MP3MyMP3 tries to record from any DirectSound compatible sound card and saves the recording to .WAV or .MP3 format in real time. It can be used to record and save any audio you hear to your computer.Thus, anything that you can hear on your PC can be recorded and saved with this free tool! If you are listening to great music on a CD, you can either rip a single track or the entire CD. The only requirement in using this freeware is you should play the songs or music that you wish to download.
You can even playback the ripped music using this freeware and since playback is autonomous to recording and ripping functions, you can listen to music or rename the files while ripping a CD, all at the same time!
How to download, capture save or record streaming audio?
- 1. Start playing the streaming music through your favorite music player.
- 2. Open MP3MyMP3 and from within the recording section click on the “Device…” button to select the audio source you wish to record from. Choose Stereo Mix or Wave mix and this will record all audio through your sound card.
- 3. The combination of the settings detailed below ultimately determines the overall recording input level. Fine tune your recording levels so that the meter on the right just hits the bottom of the red zone, at the loudest point of the audio you are recording.
- a) Player audio level
- b) Master Volume Level
- c) Recording Volume Level
- d) MP3MyMP3 application volume
- 4. Check the options section to ensure all default options are set to your liking.
- 5. Click the Record button.
- 6. Click Stop when you’re ready to end the recording.
That is all!
If you are on Windows 7 or Vista, you must manually set the recording device and restart the program.
- 1. To begin, right click on the windows 7 or Vista speaker icon in the lower right corner of your desktop.
- 2. The following menu will pop up.
- 3 . LEFT click on “Recording Devices“.The system sound panel will pop up with the recording tab selected. RIGHT click anywhere on this screen to show the following pop up menu.
- 4. Ensure that “Show disabled Devices” and “Show Disconnected Devices” are checked. These options are used to record what you hear and Vista has a habit of hiding the “Stereo Mix/Wave Out Mix” device options. You can even set the default recording device by RIGHT clicking on the device you wish to use and then click “Set as Default Device”.
However, you must restart MP3MyMP3 after setting the default device.
When recording audio using certain laptops, you may find that you must have the master volume at full to achieve decent recording levels. To avoid the loud audio while recording, plug in a pair of headphones.
The program may sometimes not work as it depends upon the sound card and various other system properties. For example a few Dell machines would have Stereo or Wave out mix disabled in hardware and the program may not work on such computers.
Free download MP3MyMP3 from here and download, capture or record streaming audio to your PC in good quality.
You can also try live downloader to capture, save or download streaming video or audio for free.
People who read this also viewed these helpful relevant videos
Current average ratings.