Do you own a Zune HD or Zune MP3 Player? Then you need to have the Zune software on your PC and it is an absolute must.If not, download Zune software to your PC as it is not only free but has several new and enhanced features.
If you have the Zune software, you can easily and readily access the Zune Marketplace i.e. You can download or stream new music, rent or buy the latest movies, buy TV shows and watch free trailers and previews—plus thousands of video and audio podcasts. If you are a game addict, you can also download free games including classic and other popular titles. Zune Marketplace is the entertainment superstore that is open 24 hours a day and all around the year.
The Zune software is a software to manage the device. It functions as a full media player application with a library, an interface to the Zune Marketplace, and as a media streaming server using Zune Network Sharing Service. Zune Software is also needed to sync Windows Phone 7 Series to the Windows desktop.
Other Windows Mobile Devices will require Windows Mobile Device Center to sync content between phone and computers.
As a media player, the Zune software supports the following formats.
- for audio: MP3 (.mp3), AAC (Low complexity) (.aac, .mp4, .m4a, .m4b, .mov), WMA (.wma).
- for video: MPEG4 (in .mp4, .m4v and .mov containers), H.264 (in .mp4, .m4v and .mov containers), WMV (.wmv), ASF (.asf).
- for still images: JPEG (.jpg).
It organizes the media in its library and allows users to add to the library by ripping from CDs and to organize the meta data. It can automatically pull down album art and meta data tag data for content in the library.
By downloading and installing the Zune software on your PC, you get a free 14-day Zune Pass to browse, stream, and download millions of songs in the Zune marketplace.However, Zune Marketplace and Zune Pass is currently available in U.S. and Puerto Rico only.
In addition to the marketplace, zune software has got the following functionality bundled with it.
- QuickPlay – It lets you play your favorite media and newest additions to your collection at a click. Zune fans can pin to Quickplay, all the music, videos, and podcasts that they want the quickest access to. They thus get instant access to all the stuff they love and care about on their Zune, with shortcuts to favorites, recently downloaded or played music, videos, and more.
- SmartDj - This is a quick and dynamic way to launch instant mixes in the Zune software based on any album, artist, or song in your collection, and to create automatic playlists for saving and syncing to your Zune player. Using the criteria you provide, Smart DJ will select similar songs from your collection and suggest songs from Zune’s music catalog. Thus, Smart DJ will generate a related playlist from the music on your computer and new music from Zune Marketplace, from any artist, album, or song.
- Mini Mode – In this mode, Zune stays on your desktop in a minimized display. You can drag the mini player anywhere on your desktop, including onto a second display (if you have one). Putting the Zune software into mini player mode while listening to music allows you to use your other programs while continuing to see and control what’s playing.
- MixView - This is a dynamic way to quickly see related music and influences for any specific artist or album, as well as their top listeners. Because there’s a whole online community of music lovers at Zune Social, you can use Mixview as a way to meet like-minded listeners.
Zune is now also available on your Xbox LIVE and you can receive instant HD video streaming from Zune on your Xbox 360. Zune features movies, TV shows, and more in both HD and SD.
Free download Zune software. Before downloading it, make sure that your system meets the following requirements.
- A 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor and 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit).
- A wi-fi network, to sync your Zune to your computer. You just need a broadband internet connection to sync your windows phone 7 device.
If you have a Windows 7 64 bit version or Vista 64 bit, you should download the 64-bit version of the Zune software.
People who read this also viewed these helpful relevant videos
Current average ratings.