Downloading music and video via P2P networks is very popular in the internet.Through P2P networks, you can download songs, music and video files of interest to you.You can also share your music and videos with other peers.
Gnutella is the most popular file sharing network.Limewire is a very popular Gnutella client that runs on Java platform.
Downloading music and video files with Limewire:
- Download and install Limewire, a P2P client
- Go to the System Preferences or Options
- Designate a “shared” folder on your hard drive. place your sharable Content within this folder. Make sure that your private files are not placed in this folder
- There will be a number of search options for different media, in limewire. By default, it will be on “All Types.” Select “Audio” as the type of media file, if you want to search for music files.
- Be more specific in searching for files.Select the option to search by title, artist or album among other criteria. Enter a keyword into the search box and click on the “Search” button.
- Limewire will list all the available files matching that keyword.You can filter the results based o album, license or even genre.
- Download songs or music or video files by doubleclicking it
Once you are downloading a song from another user, most P2P clients will give you the option to view all of their shared content. Try right-clicking on their username. This will enable you to find whole albums to download rather than individual songs.Likewise, if you find another user with similar musical tastes to your own, it can be a great way to discover and download music and video.
People who read this also viewed these helpful relevant videos
Current average ratings.