Download Excel Viewer, a free spreadsheet software to open and view xls and xlsx files without having Microsoft Excel installed on your computer. Download, install and read spreadsheets created using any fully featured Microsoft Excel application.
We earlier told you about the free Powerpoint viewer 2010 to open and slide through Powerpoint 2010 files. But if you have an excel 2010 file, how do you open, print or copy data from such files?
Microsoft hasn’t released an Excel viewer 2010 yet, at the time of writing this post, but it is soon expected to release a newer version of the Excel viewer for opening and viewing any excel file created using Microsoft excel 2010, 2007, 2003 or any other earlier version. Excel 2010 files have the same xlsx file extension like in Office 2007.You can thus download and use excel viewer 2007 to open any excel file.
If you have Office 2003 or any earlier version of Microsoft office, you can alternatively download the Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for Microsoft Office 2007 and 2010 applications to open, edit, and save the old documents, excel workbooks, and presentations in office 2007 or 2010 formats! Thus, you can not only open and read, but also edit any xlsx file created using Microsoft Excel 2007 or 2010, by downloading and installing this free add-in for office 2003 and other MS Office packages.
However, users must ensure that they have installed all high priority updates for Microsoft Office XP and of Microsoft Office 2003.In addition, office 2003 and office xp users must install service pack 3. Find here the download links for office 2003 SP3 and office xp SP3.
To verify whether sp3 had already been installed on your computer, carry out the following steps.
In windows xp:
- 1. Click Start >> Control Panel >> Add or Remove Programs.
- 2. Click “Change or Remove Programs” on the right side.
- 3. Select the “Show Updates” check box.
- 4. Locate the Microsoft Office 2003 or Microsoft Office xp product in the list of installed programs.
- 5. Verify that “Office 2003 Service Pack 3 (SP3): MAINSP3″ is listed among the updates for Office 2003. For office xp, select the Office XP product, and then click the “Click here for support information” link. Verify that the version that is indicated is 10.0.6626.0 or a later version
In windows vista,
- 1. Click Start >> Control Panel >> Uninstall a Program.
- 2. Locate the Office XP product in the list of installed applications.
- 3. Click Organize >> Layout >> Details.
- 4. Locate the Office 2003 product in the list of applications, and then verify that “Office 2003 Service Pack 3 (SP3): MAINSP3″ is in the list of installed updates for Office 2003. For office xp, view the information at the bottom of the “Uninstall or change a program” window and verify that the installed version is 10.0.6626.0 or later version
Once you ensure that Office 2003 SP3 or office xp SP3 is installed in your computers running windows xp or vista, download and install the office compatibility pack (link).
After installing the office compatibility pack, you may be able to create, open, edit, and save the following files.
- Excel Workbook (*.xlsx)
- Excel Macro-Enabled Workbook (*.xlsm)
- Excel Binary Workbook (*.xlsb)
- Excel Template (*.xltx)
- Excel Macro-Enabled Template (*.xltm)
- Excel Add-In (*.xlam)
How to view excel files if you don’t have any MS office software installed?
You can also free download and use Excel viewer 2007 or open office to open and read the spreadsheets.
Current average ratings.