Do you work long hours on your PC? or are you a computer addict who use it most of the time? Then be aware that you are at the risk of several eye problems including computer vision syndrome.
Computer Vision Syndrome (CVS) is the result of long hours of working on a computer. Symptoms of Computer Vision Syndrome include blurred vision, eyestrain, delayed focusing, headaches, back and neck aches, dry and burning eyes, light sensitivity, distorted color vision, forehead heaviness, and sore eyes. Doesn’t these scare you? But don’t worry, as there are always remedies for most eye problems. The simplest remedy is to take short breaks from working on your PC. If you have problems in scheduling such short breaks, then here is a freeware called EyeDefender that can help you take regular breaks and relax your eyes at fixed intervals.
Features of EyeDefender:
- You can Control the level of eye strain in the system tray
- You can Set up the time period for a popup reminder
- You can also set up how much time you want to rest
- You can enter the rest mode instantly
- You can rReset the counter
- You can Stop the counter when you do not want to be interrupted
- You can Set the counter to stop automatically after some time of inactivity
- There are Four eye relaxing modes: slideshow, visual training, screensaver launch, or popup tray reminder
- You can auto-run EyeDefender on Windows start up
Eye Defender not only protects you from eye problems like CVS but also from other computer related health problems including Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS) or Occupational Overuse Syndrome (OOS), also popularly known in the USA as Repetitive Strain Injury (RSI) and in Europe as – Musculoskeletal Disorders (MSD).
EyeDefender works on windows XP or vista. To notify you of short breaks, it can be configured to display pictures in a predefined folder or run the visual training to relax the eyes or run a default screensaver or simply display a popup timed reminder in the system tray.
Free download EyeDefender and safeguard yourselves from eye problems.
People who read this also viewed these helpful relevant videos
Current average ratings.