A Flashcard or flash card is a tool that helps memorization by way of spaced repetition.Flashcards can be any set of cards bearing on either or both sides, vocabulary, historical dates, formulas or any subject matter that can be learned via a question and answer format.
Leitner system Of Flashcards:
Leitner system is an advanced flash card technique where flashcards are sorted into groups according to how well you know each one in the Leitner’s learning box. This is how it works: you try to recall the solution written on a flashcard. If you succeed, you send the card to the next group. But if you fail, you send it back to the first group. Each succeeding group has a longer period of time before you are required to revisit the cards.
The advantage of Leitner system is that you can focus on the most difficult flashcards, which remain in the first few groups. The result is, ideally, a reduction in the amount of study time needed.
If you are looking for a collection of flashcards, www.flashcardexchange.com has a big library of printable flashcards.Here you can easily
- Create an unlimited number of flashcards.
- set titles, description and assign some tags to them.
- Create flashcards in any language.
- Share your flashcards with everyone on the internet.
- Import flashcards from text files, Microsoft Excel and other sources.
- Create flashcards with images. Currently jpegs can be used for image flashcards.
- Create audio flashcards. Currently mp3 files can be used for audio flashcards.
- Include a “hint” to assist in the study process.
- Create three-sides flashcards.
Check out Flashcard creation help pages for more information.
Study Flashcards Online:
flashcardexchange.com also have a comprehensive and robust on-line study tool, where you can study any flashcard in the system without having to logging in. To get started, search for flashcards using the search box in the header. Through the on-line study tool, you can
- Track your progress with a detailed study history that will let you restart study sessions.
- View cards in random order or the order set by the flashcard author.
- Study either side of the flashcard first, quizzing yourself on the reverse side (i.e. show the answer and guess the question).
- Change the font face and font size when studying.
- Use keyboard shortcuts to speed up navigation.
- View hints if the flashcard author added a hint.
- Study three sided flashcards.
- After a study session continue by studying only those flashcards answered incorrectly.
- Use slide show mode to be automatically shown each flashcard at a set interval.
- Automatically monitor the time spent studying.
- Full members can also use the advanced Leitner study techniques.
Share and Collaborate On Flashcards Online:
- Keep your flashcards private if you would prefer not to share.
- Team up with classmates to share the burden of flashcard creation.
- Create flashcards for your students to study online.
- Flashcards are automatically included in the public directories and search results.
- Your public home page will list all your public flashcards in a conveniently easy to find place. Link to this page to share all your hard work with friends and colleagues.
Flashcard printing can be complicated. The questions that usually prop up are
- How do you set up the cards properly for back-to-back printing?
- How do you scale the images to fit in the available space?
There is a comprehensive flashcard printing program that resolves the above problems.
- High quality PDF printouts work on any computer that can run Adobe Reader.
- Print directly on 3“x5”, 4“x6” or 5“x8” index cards.
- Select from an expanding variety of TrueType fonts, including many Asian fonts.
- Short answer test format.
- Scale images and set image placement.
- Print answers upside down in a reversed position to align properly and allow you to flip the flashcards vertically.
- Use a variety of paper sizes and types. Print on card stock!
- Support for duplex printers (2 sided printing).
- Set the default colors for the background, fonts, and borders.
- Precisely set paper sizes, margins, padding, alignment, font sizes, and more.
One can even
- Export flashcards to desktop flashcard applications for both PC and Macs, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Adobe Acrobat and more!
- Synchronize your flashcards directly to your iPhone or iPod Touch.
Enjoy creating or studying Flashcards.
People who read this also viewed these helpful relevant videos
Current average ratings.