Are you using Windows XP SP2 and encountering Generic Host Process for Win32 Services Error? Don’t worry. We do have several solutions to fix this nagging error.
For Windows XP SP2, the Generic Host Process error can potentially occur on any system and at any time. Most would have received this error message, shortly after system start up. But this error actually occurs during the previous system shutdown. According to microsoft, this error occurs in windows XP sp2, if security update 873333 (MS05-012) had been installed. Microsoft also claims, that this problem only occurs in Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2), but it does provide fixes for windows server 2003 and windows 2000. Microsoft had earlier issued security update 873333 (MS05-012), to fix a Vulnerability in OLE and COM, that could allow remote code execution.
If you encounter this problem in Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2, then upgrading to XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) could easily fix this problem.
Symptoms for Generic Host Process for Win32 Services Error:
- E-mail messages that include file attachments would not display file names, when the file name contains double-byte character set (DBCS) characters and the file name is longer than 42 characters.However, this problem can only be noticed when the e-mail message format is Rich Text.
- All applications that implements the IMallocSpy debugging interface may experience heap corruption. For example, you may be browsing the internet and would suddenly experience a halt in all your Network activity.Though you might see the Internet connected icon in the tray, you may not able to browse
- You encounter error messages about faulting netapi32.dll and svchost.exe
- You also receive error messages that state “Your PC has recovered from a serious problem”
Thus this Generic Host Process for Win32 Services Error is a broad issue and Microsoft has a patch for this issue.You may download KB894391 to fix the generic host process error.
Alternatively, you can do the windows update manually. Note that the above patch solution and the following windows update solution works only on computers running genuine Windows and not pirated versions.
- Go to the start menu
- Right click “My computer”
- Click “properties” then the “automatic updates” tab
- Choose “turn off automatic updates”
- Restart your computer
- Go back to start menu and in all programs go to “windows update” you have to be connected to the internet
- Manually update windows
- Turn your automatic updates back on
You can also try the following solutions to fix this error:
- Go to Run and type regedit
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE >> SYSTEM >> CurrentControlSet >> Services >> Browser >> Parameters
- Find the key IsDomainMaster
- Set its value to False
- Restart the computer
- Go to Run and type cmd
- Type ‘netsh’ in command console then press enter
- Then type ‘winsock’ and press enter and then type reset
- Restart the computer
Does the above three solutions, help to fix the Generic Host Process for Win32 Services Error? You can also explore another registry solution to fix generic host error or this simple Generic Host Process Win32 Services Fix
Current average ratings.