Gmail SMTP server can be used to send emails from any of your favorite email client.You can send email. using any email address, from any network that lets you connect to the Gmail SMTP server.
The following are the Gmail SMTP server and port settings for sending emails through Gmail from any email client program:
- Under Outgoing mail, set Gmail SMTP server address as smtp.gmail.com.
- Configure Gmail SMTP user name as: your full Gmail address (including @gmail.com) Google Apps users may have to enter username@your_domain.com.
- Configure Gmail SMTP password as: Your Gmail password.
- Configure Gmail SMTP port as: 465 or 587.
- Configure Gmail SMTP TLS/SSL required as: yes.
If you tried configuring your SMTP server on port 465 (with SSL) and port 587 (with TLS), but are still having trouble sending emails, try configuring the SMTP server to use port 25 (with SSL). But make sure SSL is active for SMTP in your email client. Also ensure “allow authentication” is active for the SMTP server in your email client.
Check out how to troubleshoot Gmail SMTP Server connection.
People who read this also viewed these helpful relevant videos
Current average ratings.