This is a tutorial on how to make a graph on excel 2007 and excel 2003. Excel charts or excel graphs are good ways to represent and analyze data. Graphs or charts are visually appealing and make it easy for users to instantly understand data points or the trend between them rather than going through the actual numbers.
Microsoft Excel is the world’s most used spreadsheet software and here we will see how easy it is to make a graph using excel 2007 or excel 2003. As an example, we will make here a graph to understand the cash outflows during a month.
How to make a graph on Excel 2007 and 2003?
The first step in creating a graph in excel is to tabulate the data for which you want to create the excel chart.For this example let us make two columns – Cash Outflow Head and Amount (in dollars). Enter all cash outflow heads and the amount spent against such heads.
Highlight the table by clicking and dragging the mouse across the entire table.
In Excel 2007,
- click on the “Insert” tab. Find and click on the “Charts” section in the insert ribbon. You will find several types of charts (graphs).
- Click on the Excel chart (Excel graph) that you want to create. For example, if you want to make a pie chart, click on on it.you will then be shown the options for that type of chart.You can make all necessary changes like the chart title, axis titles, data labels, data tables,legend etc. to the Excel graph through such options.
- By default, the chart is placed on the worksheet as an embedded chart. If you want to place the chart in a separate chart sheet, you can change its location by doing the following:
- 1. Click the embedded chart to select it. This displays the Chart Tools, adding the Design, Layout, and Format tabs.
- 2. On the Design tab, in the Location group, click Move Chart.
- 3. Under Choose where you want the chart to be placed, do one of the following:
- To display the chart in a chart sheet, click New sheet.
- To display the chart as an embedded chart in a worksheet, click Object in, and then click a worksheet in the Object in box.
In Excel 2003,
- Click on the “Insert” menu item and then click on “Chart..” sub menu to open the chart wizard.
- Next, Choose the chart type and chart subtype. click “Press and Hold to view sample” to view a sample of the chart that will be made.Click Next.
- In this step, you can make changes to data Range and series, if needed.This is however optional, and can simple click Next.
- In step 3 of the chart wizard, you can specify title, Legend and Data labels.Click Next.
- In step 4 of the excel chart wizard, specify the location for excel graph.
That is all! Wasn’t that easy to make graphs using excel 2007 or excel 2003?
People who read this also viewed these helpful relevant videos
Current average ratings.