Learn to play piano with SimplePiano. This is a free piano software that lets you learn to play piano in a simple and easy manner.
Piano is a widely used instrument in western music for solo performance, ensemble use, chamber music, and accompaniment. Piano is also a very popular instrument to compose and rehearse music. It is sometimes classified as both a percussion and a stringed instrument.
If you are a beginner, learning to play piano, SimplePiano is a great software to learn piano as you just need a computer and this free software.
Features of SimplePiano – free piano software:
- SimplePiano uses Maestro fonts (that are installed with the program) to show the notes played on the treble and bass clef staffs
- The notes played are also highlighted on a 60-key on-screen piano keyboard
- You can play SimplePiano using the keyboard, the mouse or a midi keyboard connected to the computer.The author of this tool recommends the M-Audio Keystation 61es
- The Circle of Fifths can be displayed, and when a key in it is selected, that key’s signature is shown on the staffs
- Any of the eight most-used chords can be selected and played by playing the chord’s root key. Chord inversions can also be selected
- SimplePiano also includes a random note reading exercise
- The midi instrument (128 choices) and output sound are selectable
Free download SimplePiano and enjoy learning piano.