Install Windows 7 by making a bootable USB installer for Windows with Koala. This is a free software that lets you create a bootable USB thumb drive installer for Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows Server System 2008!
A bootable USB installer is very useful for installing Windows on systems with no optical drive like the netbooks. Netbooks are small, light and inexpensive laptop computers suited for general computing and accessing web-based applications. As they are optimized for low weight and low cost, they find increased patronage among a vast majority of users in developing countries. But the lack of optical drives in netbooks, make installation of an OS like Windows 7 very difficult. The freeware Koala addresses this problem by letting you create a bootable USB thumb drive installer for windows including Windows 7 and windows vista.
How to make bootable USB Drive Installer for Windows 7
Koala creates a bootable USB disk from Windows disc instead of an ISO file. Hence to create a bootable USB thumb drive installer, you need a computer running windows XP or later, a DVD for the windows OS for which you want to create the bootable USB installer i.e. Windows 7 or Vista or Windows Server System 2008, .NET framework 2.0 or higher and a pen disk with 4 GB capacity.
- Free download Koala from here
- Insert the DVD for Windows 7 (or Vista or Windows Server System 2008) into the optical drive of your PC. Note that Koala creates the USB installer from the DVD.
- Insert the flash disk (also referred to as USB thumb disk or pen disk) with at least 4 GB capacity, into the PC’s USB drive.
- Run the program Koala
- Click “Scan for Source” to select the DVD source (optical drive) for the OS for which the bootable USB installer is created i.e. windows 7
- Click “Scan for destination” to select the destination USB drive where the bootable Windows 7 USB installer has to be created.
- Next, click the Startbutton to create the bootable USB installer for Windows.
That is all! In approximately 10 minutes, a bootable USB thumb drive installer is ready for Windows 7 or Vista or Windows Server System 2008, as the case may be. You can then use this bootable USB installer on any netbook to install Windows 7.
Current average ratings.