You can now download Microsoft .NET Framework 4 in English. The Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 provides several new features and enhancements.Find below a few of those features and enhancements.
What is new in Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0?
- The .NET Framework 4 can work side by side with the Microsoft Framework 3.5 SP1. All applications that are based on earlier versions of the .NET Framework will continue to run on the earlier version and only a subset of functionality is shared by all versions of the .NET Framework
- Improvement in Visual Basic and C# languages that includes statement lambdas, implicit line continuations, dynamic dispatch, and named/optional parameters
- New improved features in The ADO.NET Entity Framework, which simplifies programming against relational databases by raising the level of abstraction. These includes persistence ignorance and POCO support, lazy loading, test-driven development support, functions in model, and new LINQ operators
- WPF improvements include support for Windows 7 multi-touch, ribbon controls, and task-bar extensibility features, in Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF).WPF also supports Surface 2.0 SDK
- New line-of-business controls including charting control, smart edit, data grid, and others that improve the experience for developers who build data centric applications
- Improvements in performance and scalability of .NET Framework
- Visual improvements in text clarity, layout pixel snapping, localization, and interoperability
- Improvements to Windows Work-flow (WF) that let developers to better host and interact with work-flows. These include an improved activity programming model, an improved designer experience, a new flowchart modeling style, an expanded activity palette, work-flow rules integration, and new message correlation features. The .NET Framework also offers significant performance gains for WF-based work-flows
- Improvements to Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) such as support for WCF Work-flow Services enabling work-flow programs with messaging activities, correlation support, durable two-way communication and rich hosting capabilities. Additionally, .NET Framework 4 provides new WCF features such as service discovery, router service, simplified configuration and a number of improvements to queuing, REST support, diagnostics, and performance
- Innovative new parallel programming features such as parallel loop support, Task Parallel Library (TPL), Parallel LINQ (PLINQ), and coordination data structures which let developers harness the power of multi-core processors
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 can work on Windows XP SP3, Windows Server 2003 SP2, Windows Vista SP1 or later, Windows 7 RC, Windows Server 2008 or later, Windows Server 2008 R2 RC (not supported in Server Core Role).
The Framework supports both 32-bit (x86) and 64-bit (x-64) architectures, apart from support for a few features like WPF on ia64. It is recommended to have Pentium 1 GHz or higher and RAM of 256 MB or more.
Requirements for .NET Framework 4.0 Server Installation
To perform a server installation, Internet Information Services (IIS) version 6.0 or later is needed. Moreover, to access the features of ASP.NET, IIS with the latest security updates must be installed before the .NET Framework is installed. Note that ASP.NET is supported only on Windows XP Professional, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, and Windows Server 2008 R2 RC. It is also recommended to have Microsoft Data Access Components 2.8 or later. However most users do not have to perform a server installation and if you are unsure whether to perform a server installation, just perform a basic installation.
How to download and install .NET Framework 4.0?
.NET Framework 4.0 Beta is released for testing and feedback purposes only and should not be installed in a production environment. To install it,
- Make sure that your computer has the latest Windows service pack and critical updates. To find security updates, visit Windows Update
- Download windows Installer 3.1, and install it, if you don’t have the windows installer on your PC
- Download dotNetFx40_Full_setup.exe from here.
- To start the installation immediately, click “Run” or download it and then install
Free download Microsoft .NET Framework 4.
People who read this also viewed these helpful relevant videos
Current average ratings.