Windows vista disk cleanup utility removes all junk and unnecessary files to free up space on any disk drive you choose.The following explains how to run or use Windows vista disk cleanup utility…
- Click Start
- Click All Programs| Accessories | System Tools | Disk Cleanup . You should see the Disk Cleanup Options dialog box that looks similar to the following:
- Click the My files only option.
- Click Continue when prompted that Windows needs your permission to continue.
- Click Drive C.
- Click OK.
- Disk cleanup will calculate the free space on your computer, which may take a few minutes.
- After the calculation is complete, you should see a dialog box that looks similar to the following:
- Confirm that only the following checkboxes are checked:
- Downloaded Program Files
- Temporary Internet Files
- Recycle Bin
- Temporary Files
- Click OK
- Click Delete Files in the dialog box that asks Are you sure you want to permanently delete these files?
- Disk cleanup will delete the files and close automatically.
You can also do a cleanup of other users’ files in windows vista to get more free disk space in windows vista..
People who read this also viewed these helpful relevant videos
Current average ratings.