Here is one good free sound editing software called the Free Audio Editor, that lets you edit audio files visually! It is also a sound recorder, which allows you to record audio from any input device, including a microphone.
Free Audio Editor is in fact a more complete software as you can record sound, edit the recorded sound, apply various effects and finally burn it to a CD, DVD or any other optical disk! Here are some cool features available with this free audio editing and recording software.
- It has a simple and easy-to-use interface.Anyone can get started with it in a few minutes
- You can edit sound files visually.Visual editing makes it easier for even the noobs to cut, copy and mix sound
- Apply various audio and effects easily through the “Effect” tab.You can even preview the applied effects in real time
- It has a powerful noise reduction tool
- It supports a number of sound formats including WAV (multiple codecs), MP3, WMA, OGG and many more.
- It lets you burn your sound files to CD
- There is even a Text to Speech tool bundled with it
How to edit audio files with Free Audio Editor?
To open an existing audio file, select “Open” and browse to the folder in which your sound file is located and click “open”. You can also import audio from a video or load sound or music from any CD through “Load from CD” option. You can even play any audio or sound and record it through “New Record” button.It thus makes it easy rip audio fro any video or song or music.You can then open the recorded sound file for editing.
After opening the sound file, mark the region. To select the entire file, press Ctrl+A.
Then press “Cut” to cut the selection portion. You may even press “Copy” to duplicate the selected portion and insert (or mix it) in another audio file. Use “Paste” to paste the selected audio in the destination file.The paste function replaces the selected region in the destination file or inserts into it, if there is no selection. To insert the audio, mark the position where you want to insert and press Ctrl+V.
After you edit your audio file, you can play them through the player bundled within it.
Free Audio Editor has several options to edit audio files. Download the sound editing and recording software.
People who read this also viewed these helpful relevant videos
Current average ratings.