Tweak UI(TweakUI) powertoy for vista is now available in the form of winbubble.Winbubble is a TweakUI (Tweak UI powertoy) powertoy for Windows Vista, and is available for free download.There may be many such tools but winbubble is the closest to TweakUI‘s functionalities.WinBubble, is a freeware application by Lawrence Albert. Microsoft may never release TweakUI for Vista. But don’t bother.You have winbubble.
Winbubble Vista Customizations and Tweaks:
- change Original Equipment Manufacturer’s Information and Logo without knowing the registry tricks.
- change Owner Information
- Take the Ownership of a file to solve the problem of “Access denied” message when opening / moving / deleting a file.
- Add Disk Clean-up to the context menu (Right-Click Menu)
- Turn Off/On Aero, to get a minimal boost in performance for Gaming and good Battery Usage
- Add a winBubble Launcher, No need to create a shortcut for WinBubble.
- Add Internet Explorer Icon, Network Icon, Control Panel Icon and many more icons.This will save your time in editing the registry one by one.
- Display the Windows Vista Build number on your Desktop
- Slow-Down animation
- Turn Off your monitor, when not in use
- customize the shortcut icon easily.
Winbubble vista Security Tweaks:
- Enable/Disable UAC – A security feature in Windows Vista that always ask permission to run or install some applications. But sometimes, it is so annoying; you want to turn it off
- Hide a specific Drive or ALL Fix Drives
- Hide Shutdown button and options in the Start Menu
- Remove “New” in Explorer’s Context Menu
- Remove “Folder Options” to prevent anyone from modifying your Windows Explorers settings.
- Enable/Disable Taskmanager – this is very helpful if a virus disables the task manager
- Disable AutoPlay in All type of media – This will prevent any worms or other viruses to run automatically when a disc/flash drive is inserted
- Provide more security by forcing the user to input the Username before entering the windows
- Disable RUN command in the Start Menu and Task manager
- Add Encrypt/Decrypt to Explorer’s Right-Click Menu (Context Menu)
- Disable access to Display Property and Control Panel
- options to disable writing to USB drive / Flash disk (Read only) and disable the USB drive / flash disk entirely
Winbubble Vista Optimization Tweaks:
- Turn off Windows Aero.You can turn it on as well
- Speed up searches
- Decrease your Boot time by clearing the Multiple Monitor Configuration
- Speeds up Windows Shutdown by decreasing the Shutdown time for Services.
- Choose between Security or Performance: Clearing the Pagefile at Shutdown can decrease your shutdown time but it will increase your security.
- Download more than two files on the same server by increasing the number of Internet connections.
- Increase your disk performance by disabling the constant updates of last-accessed dates/timestamp in files and folders.
- Also, Disable the support for old MSDOS 8-character filenames to increased your disk performance. However, make sure that you are not using any old programs.
Winbubble Miscellaneous Tweaks:
- Customize bubbles, ribbons and mystify
- Show or remove drive letters in windows explorer
- Enable Password protect of screensavers
- Disable/Enable Low disk space checks
- Disable/Enable Balloon tips
- Disable/Enable Mobility Center
- Disable/Enable Windows Sidebar
- Disable Failed DNS caching
- Disable Taskbar Thumbnails
- Disable Win+Letter Keys All at once (Win+E, Win+Pause, Win+D and many more)
- Easily customize windows vista icons
Free download Winbubble:
Free download Winbubble 1.72 and enjoy tweaking windows vista.
People who read this also viewed these helpful relevant videos
Current average ratings.