If you are looking for a free video editing software, you could try Wax, a flexible and good performing video editor that lets you add some cool special effects to your video.You can easily create both 2D and 3D special effects with Wax.
Video editing, usually refers to the process of editing segments of motion video footage, special effects and sound recordings. Video editing softwares are also known as Non Linear Editing (NLE) softwares, which handle the editing of video sequences on a computer. Wax is a free video editing software that lets you edit the video clips.
Wax can either be used as a standalone video editor or as a plug-in to other video editors/NLEs (Non linear Editors). While the standalone video editor can be good enough for Home users or beginners to do some basic video editing tasks, the plugin-in will be helpful for professionals using other softwares to edit videos. Currently Wax can work as a plug-in with popular and professional video editors like Sony Vegas, Pure Motion EditStudio and Adobe Premiere.Wax is also currently developed for integrating with several other NLEs.
Features of Wax – Free Video Editing Software
- you can use the graphics acceleration available with your video card for creating mind-boggling effects in realtime or near-realtime.
- Unlimited video and audio tracks with top-down compositing and many compositing modes. However audio features are limited at this time and future releases may add more
- 2D and 3D Plugins and transitions for creating effects. Full featured 3D compositing with 3d objects, lighting, shadows, texture generators, etc. Plugins include the following.
- RotoMate – rotoscope/paint over video with fully key framable shapes and masks
- Shatter – create explosive effects
- ModelLoader – load 3d models from .3DS, .MD2 and .MS3d files
- Particle Generator – generate various natural particle effects like fire, smoke, rain etc
- Text 3D – create extruded/beveled 3D text, and much more…
- Plugin Adapter technology – can load and use VirtualDub filters, DirectX plugins, Freeframe plugins and Windows Movie Maker presets inside Wax or your NLE when using Wax as a plugin.
- Full featured project management with media bins/folders, element properties and comments for ease of use.
- Transition and Plugin SDK available for developers to extend functionality by adding external plugins. The software WinMorph uses this Plugin SDK to extend Wax’s functionality for warping and morphing.
- File input/output through filters, Filter SDK available upon request for developers to extend file format support.
- Input formats : AVI, WAV, all popular image formats.
Output formats : AVI, MPEG, WAV, Flash, all popular image formats.
(AVI and WAV formats support compressed audio too, using Audio Codecs installed on your PC).
Wax is currently available as a free download for both personal and business . [link].
How to use Wax to edit videos?
You can watch a video tutorial to learn how to use Wax for video editing. watch here.
People who read this also viewed these helpful relevant videos
Current average ratings.