We earlier covered a step by step guide to Upgrade Windows XP to Windows 7 with Windows Easy Transfer, a free tool from Microsoft. It involved six steps to install Windows 7 on a PC running Windows XP.
Here we cover another free third party tool that let you upgrade your Windows XP to 32 bit Windows 7.
If you are not an advanced PC user or one who prefers a tool that offers step by step guidance to upgrade Windows XP to Windows 7, you can try out this free software called Windows 7 Basic Migration. This is a free application for upgrading from Windows XP to Windows 7 on your existing or new computer. Download this free Windows 7 migration tool and reduce the time and hassle of moving your data, user and application settings from Windows XP to Windows 7, a new and significantly enhanced operating system from Microsoft.
You will do well to remember that migration from Windows XP to Windows 7 requires a clean custom install. You are also required to manually re-install all your favorite applications that you were using with Windows XP. Though the upgrade is as good as new installation of Windows OS, Windows 7 Basic Migration utility eases the migration of XP to Windows 7 by guiding you through the re-installation of all your software programs through a wizard that is easy to understand. It not only helps in making the migration more organized but it also ensures that you don’t miss out any important step during the migration.
Features of XP To Windows 7 Upgrade tool – Windows 7 Basic Migration:
- The tool runs a Windows 7 compatibility scan to check for availability of sufficient disk space and also the compatibility of hardware attached to the computer and software installed on it.This is similar to the functionality offered by Windows 7 Upgrade installation advisor tool from Microsoft.
- Makes it easier to migrate all user and applications settings from Windows XP to Windows 7.
- The tool also helps in moving all your important data to an external device and this includes documents, images, video, emails and more.
There are also advanced and premium versions of this tool that offer more advanced automation i.e. they let you do the following:
- Automatically migrate your software applications with settings to the new operating system i.e. it does not require any manual intervention in migrating data and in downloading and installing applications.
- These tools also make it easy to quickly reverse a transfer at any time through a cool “undo” feature.
Users of premium and advanced versions of this tool will also have access to 24/7 Online tech support from Microsoft Certified Tech Experts via chat or chat & phone. These are perfect options for the basic computer users.
If you are on Windows Vista, check out this video tutorial on how to upgrade Vista to Windows 7.
If you are already on Windows 7 and want to upgrade from a lower edition to a higher one, check out this tutorial on how to upgrade Windows 7 from Starter, Home Premium and Professional editions to higher editions.
People who read this also viewed these helpful relevant videos
Current average ratings.