ColdFusion 9 is a popular product from Adobe, to develop rich Internet Applications.It can be used to quickly develop and deliver engaging online applications ranging from small departmental applications to highly scalable and reliable implementations of important business applications.
ColdFusion 9 can now be downloaded free by educational customers, including all qualified students, faculty and staff of eligible education institutions.However , it can be used for learning purposes only.
ColdFusion was the first technology that provided the capability of creating dynamic websites, attached to a back-end database.It provides several useful functions out of the box, including the following.
- Simplified database access
- Client and server cache management
- Client-side code generation, especially for form widgets and validation
- Conversion from HTML to PDF and FlashPaper
- File indexing and searching service
- GUI Administration
- Data retrieval from common enterprise systems such as Active Directory, LDAP, SMTP, POP, HTTP, FTP, Microsoft Exchange Server and common data formats such as RSS and Atom
- XML parsing, querying (XPath), validation and transformation (XSLT)
- Server, application, client, session, and request scopes
- Server clustering
- Task scheduling
- Graphing and reporting
- Simplified file manipulation including raster graphics (and CAPTCHA) and zip archives
- Simplified web service implementation, with automated WSDL generation or transparent SOAP handling for both creating and consuming services
Adobe ColdFusion Features:
- New image manipulation functions including automatic captcha generation (CFIMAGE)
- Ability to dynamically generate and interact with PDF documents and forms for a printable, portable way to intelligently capture and share information
- Support for Microsoft .NET integration
- Support for Microsoft Exchange Server integration to perform common tasks such as reading, creating, and modifying calendar events, contacts, tasks, and e-mail
- The “CFPDFFORM” tag, which enables integration with Adobe Acrobat forms
- The “CFPRESENTATION” tag, which allows the creation of dynamic presentations using Adobe Acrobat Connect, the Web-based collaboration solution
- An Eclipse plug-in debugger that can be Used to set breakpoints, watch variables and step through code, making it easier to debug all your application code
- Easy integration to existing Ajax applications and frameworks. You can use simple tags to access a large library of pre-built Ajax user interface components such as rich text editors, data grids, tree controls, tab navigators, and more.
Adobe ColdFusion 9 for Education is available for free to educational customers, for learning purposes only and not for production purposes. This includes all qualified students, faculty and staff of eligible education institutions.
To receive the product free, you must upload a valid proof of eligibility to get the serial numbers for activating Coldfusion 8. Valid proof of eligibility includes:
- Student ID showing current enrollment, or
- Faculty ID showing current employment, or
- Non-faculty employee ID showing current employment, or
- a letter on an educational institution letterhead stating that you are either a current student, a current faculty member or a current non-faculty employee of the institution
In case you satisfy the above eligibility criteria, go to freeriatools.adobe.com/coldfusion and get Adobe ColdFusion 9 for free!