Create a bookmark to Compose GMail, to send emails from your firefox sidebars. This compose Gmail bookmark will let you quickly send an email from your firefox sidebar, while you remain on the webpage, that you were browsing. This will also let you easily mail the links, image and other content on the webpage to your friends, by simply dragging and dropping those onto your compose mail window.
To Create a bookmark to Compose GMail window, get the address (URL) of your Compose Mail popout window.
How to get the address (URL) of your Compose Mail popout window?
- Logon to your Gmail Account.
- Click the Compose Mail link on the top left under Google logo.
- In the Compose Mail window, click the popout icon on the upper right corner.
- A new Compose Window will open. Go to the address bar of this compose window, highlight and copy the web address (URL). If you do not see the address bar, but if you have the Google toolbar installed, right click on this “compose window” and choose “Page Info” –> “Backward links” from the right click menu. A Google Search window will open with a link to a url in the the google search textbox. Remove or leave “link:” from this textbox and copy the rest onto clipboard.To do this, Select the entire URL (leaving “link:”), right click and choose “copy”.
- Close the compose Gmail window.
Create Bookmark to compose Gmail window in firefox:
- Open Firefox
- From the Menu, click Bookmarks and select Organize Bookmarks
- In the Bookmarks manager, select “New Bookmark…“. A dialog box titled “Properties for New bookmark” will open
- In the field labelled “location” paste the link to Compose Gmail
- In the field labelled “Name“, type a name for the bookmark, say “Compose gmail“. Note that are free to label it as you like.
- Select “Load this bookmark in the sidebar” checkbox. Note that if you do not select this option, your compose Gmail window will open in the current tab.Else it will open on the sidebars of every opened firefox tab.
Note that you must have been logged onto Gmail, for this bookmark to open “compose mail” window, on the sidebars of every firefox tab. If you are not logged on, a sidebar will open with the message “loading…“. but it would remain like this.
Do check out Five other cool bookmarklets