Métamorphose is a free, open source File Folder renaming program to mass rename files and folders which combines great flexibility with an intuitive interface.
Metamophose can be used for applying renaming operations to file name and/or file extension apart from folder names. It is well suited for those that need to rename many files and/or folders on a regular basis.
The following are some of the renaming operations, styles and modifications that can be carried out with Métamorphose:
- Renaming operations, which can apply to name and/or extension :
- Replacement, modification, or move by: Character, position, or regular expression.
- Insertion by : Position or every (number) characters.
- Length modifications (padding, truncating, or both).
- Renaming styles : combination of: user text, numbering, audio tags, date, time.
- Modifications : UPPERCASE, lowercase, Capitalize first, Title Style, sWAP cASE, ‘DoRkIfY’
- Move by position, text, or regular expression.
- Sequential numbering (enumerating) options:
- Use integers, alphabetical, or roman numerals
- Use padding
- With integers, use any character to any fixed width, or auto pad.
- With alphabetical, auto pad in this format : aaa, aab, aac, … aba, … ygr, et cetera
- Control step size, starting number, reset count.
- Set date and time manually or get from system.
- Use supplied defaults or specify your own date and time formats.
Features of Métamorphose:
The following are some of the features of Metamorphose:
- Ability to preview every item to be renamed before comitting changes.
- Load all files in directories and subdirectories (recursive renaming).
- Undo renaming operation in case of mistakes.
- Support for Regular expressions
- Rename MP3 files according to their ID3 tags.
- Rename image files according to their Exif tags.
- Full unicode support i.e. any character from any language can be used.
- Use of all allowed characters under Windows and Mac OSX and all except ‘:’ in Linux.
Free download Metamorphose for Windows, Mac OSX, Debian, Ubuntu and other systems from here and rename files and folders in bulk.