Filemon and Regmon is now replaced by Process Monitor. Windows sysinternals team has bundled these two utilities into Process Monitor on versions of Windows starting with Windows 2000 SP4, Windows XP SP2, Windows Server 2003 SP1, and Windows Vista.But if you are still looking for the old Filemon utility, you can download it here.
With Process monitor, one can monitor file system, Registry and process/thread activity in real time. Process monitor combines the functionality offered by legacy system utilites Filemon and Regmon and adds enhancements including rich and non-destructive filtering, comprehensive event properties such session IDs and user names, reliable process information, full thread stacks with integrated symbol support for each operation, simultaneous logging to a file, and much more.
Process monitor has a simple spreadsheet-like interface displaying processes through a user-created filter.This free tool will be a delight for advanced users as it displays a lot of useful information on each process running on your PC.Process monitor can show Registry Activity, File System Activity, or Process and Thread Activity.
Process monitor Functionalities
Process monitor offers the following process monitoring, registry monitoring and file system monitoring capabilities.
- More data captured for operation input and output parameters
- Non-destructive filters allow you to set filters without losing data
- Capture of thread stacks for each operation make it possible in many cases to identify the root cause of an operation
- Reliable capture of process details, including image path, command line, user and session ID
- Configurable and movable columns for any event property
- Filters can be set for any data field, including fields not configured as columns
- Advanced logging architecture scales to tens of millions of captured events and gigabytes of log data
- Process tree tool shows relationship of all processes referenced in a trace
- Native log format preserves all data for loading in a different Process Monitor instance
- Process tool tip for easy viewing of process image information
- Detail tool tip allows convenient access to formatted data that doesn’t fit in the column
- search can be cancelled
- Boot time logging of all operations
Free download Process monitor from live.sysinternals.com
Download Process monitor and enjoy the latest and more powerful tool that replaces Filemon and Regmon.
However, if you want the old Filemon utility then download it here
Check out this free tool to kill processor freeze or explore process in windows. you can also check this free tool for removal of mailicious processes and this free tool to delete files (malicious files or files that are hard to remove) in windows.