Google Chrome OS – Download an operating system that is optimized for running applications on the web..Google Chrome OS is an web based OS that looks like a browser, but is much more than a web browser!
Google Chrome (Chromium) is an OS that has a simple looking interface and a task manager.This being a light-weight OS, is intended for use on small and inexpensive computers like netbooks.According to Google’s blog:
Google Chrome OS will run on both x86 as well as ARM chips and we are working with multiple OEMs to bring a number of netbooks to market next year. The software architecture is simple — Google Chrome running within a new windowing system on top of a Linux kernel.
Though Google Chrome OS is set to have a publicly available stable release during the second half of 2010, you can download and try this open source and free Google OS even now.
Download Google Chrome OS:
Download Google Chrome OS, by following any one of the following methods:
- Download available for the community: This download is intended for use by the community who just want to look around the source code tree and make small changes. Though this download is guaranteed to build and run, you will not be able to make changes and commit them. Download it from here and unpack it into a local directory called chromium OS.
- Download Google Chrome OS using the Chromium tools and Git –
- Get the chromium depot tools and install. Make sure they are earlier in your path than any other gcl binaries on your system.
- Install git onto your local machine.
sudo apt-get install git-core
- Get a copy of the Chromium OS repository by executing the following commands. The process may appear to hang while downloading the kernel source, and it may take anywhere up to 10-20 minutes before you get more feedback
mkdir [chromiumos] cd [chromiumos] gclient config http://src.chromium.org/git/chromiumos.git gclient sync
Enjoy the next generation Google OS for free.