Do you want to read in Hotmail, Gmail Mails? This article describes the steps to configure your Windows Live Hotmail account, to access your Gmail mails.But before that, you must first enable Gmail POP3 access, by logging on to your Gmail account. Then configure your Windows Live Hotmail Account, as described below.
How To configure Windows Live Hotmail Account to access your Gmail mails?
- Sign in to your Windows Live Hotmail account with your Windows Live ID. If you have a Passport Network, Hotmail, or Messenger account, you can use it as your Windows Live ID.
- On the top right corner, click Options, and then click More Options.
- Under Manage your account, click Send and receive mail from other e-mail accounts.
- Under You can receive mail from these accounts, click Add an e-mail account.
- Enter the e-mail address and password of the e-mail account that you want to send and receive mail from, and then click Next.
- Windows Live Hotmail provides the recommended settings. If you’re prompted to verify the settings, or if Windows Live Hotmail can’t connect to the other mail server, you must log into your Gmail account to ensure whether POP is enabled in you gmail account.
- Select the option for your unread messages, and then click Save.
If you would like to configure Windows Live Hotmail to filter mails from another account and put it in a specific folder, then
- On your Windows Live Hotmail account, create a folder to sort the messages into. To do so, click Manage folders on the left menu bar and click New at the top. Give a name to the folder.
- On the top right corner, click Options, and then click More options.
- Under Customize your mail, click Automatically sort e-mail into folders.
- Click New filter.
- Under Step 1:
- 1. In the first options box, click To or CC lines.
- 2. In the second options box, click contains.
- 3. In the text box, type the appropriate e-mail address.
- Under Step 2, select the folder that you had earlier created to sort the messages into.
- Click Save.