Do you know that you can configure Gmail for Hotmail POP3 settings to access and read in Gmail, Hotmail mails? Earlier we posted about Hotmail Pop3 Settings, that lets us access Hotmail to retrieve and send mails from any other email program.
How to configure in Gmail, Hotmail POP3 to read and reply to Hotmail mails?
It isn’t too difficult to configure Gmail for Hotmail POP3 settings. Find below the steps to configure Gmail for Hotmail POP3:
- Logon to your Gmail Account
- Click Settings in Gmail and open the Accounts tab
- In the Get mail from other accounts section, click Add another mail account
- Enter your full Hotmail email address and click Next Step
- Enter your Hotmail email address, Username and Password in their respective text boxes
- Choose pop3.live.com against POP server and 995 against port
- If you’d like to keep a copy of each mail that Gmail retrieves, in your Hotmail account as well, select the Leave a copy of retrieved messages on the server checkbox. This way, you can access mail in your other accounts, and in Gmail.
- Since Hotmail requires you use a secure connection (SSL) when retrieving a Hotmail mail, select the Always use a secure connection (SSL) when retrieving mail checkbox.
- If you do like to distinguish your Hotmail mails from your Gmail mails, choose Label incoming messages option and use any preferred label. You can select an existing label or create a new one from the drop-down list.
- If you don’t want your Hotmail mails to show up in your Gmail Inbox and you want to automatically archive them, choose Archive incoming messages option
- Click Add Account
- Once your hotmail account has been added successfully, you’ll have the option of setting it as a custom From address. This allows you to compose messages in Gmail, but have them appear to be sent from your Hotmail account. Click Yes to set up a custom From address.
That is all folks.
You can now read in Gmail, Hotmail mails and even reply to your Hotmail mails from Gmail. Enjoy Hotmail access from your Gmail Account.
In case you like to read Yahoo mails in Gmail, find out how to use Yahoo pop3 and SMTP settings in your Gmail account.