Install Windows Vista SP1 (Service Pack 1) Multilingual User Interface Packs (MUI) for 32-bit (x86) and 64-bit (x64) versions to change the display language for vista interfaces and thereby view wizards, menus, dialog boxes, Help topics, and other items in Windows vista in your own language.Multilingual User Interface Packs (MUI) are available only for Windows Vista Ultimate and Enterprise editions.However you can install windows vista language Interface Packs (LIPs), that provide a translated version of the most widely used areas of the vista user interface and are available for free dowload.
How To install a Multilingual User Interface Pack (MUI) ?
- Go to Start Menu –> Control Panel.
- Choose Clock –> Language –> Region option. In classic view, click on Regional and Language Options icon.
- Then click on Install or uninstall display languages under “Regional and Language Options“. In classic view, click on Keyboards and Languages tab and finally click on Install/uninstall languages under “Display language“.Note that the “Display language” section will be visible only on Windows Vista Ultimate and Enterprise editions that support Multilingual User Interface (MUI) Packs or only if windows Vista language Interface Packs (LIPs) are already installed.
- When the language pack installer prompts you with User Account Control (UAC) dialog, enter administrator password and click on Continue
- In the Language Packs Installation and Uninstallation wizard, click on Install languages
- Browse to the folder that contains the language pack files. The language pack file should have a .cab extension.Typically the language pack files are named as “lp.cab“. Note that you just need to specify the top level folder that contains the language pack files.
- The language pack installer will scan the directories and list all languages that are available to install, together with native name, type (MUI or LIP) and size. ,/li.
- Choose the languages that you would like to install by checking the appropriate check boxes.Note that the check boxes are checked by default.You should uncheck the check boxes of all those languages that you don’t want to be installed.
- Click on Next button
- Accept the license terms after reading them, and click on the Next button.
- A summary page is displayed, listing the language(s) that will be installed. Click on Install button in this page
- Wait for the installation to finish.This may take a while. Note that the windows OS creates a restore point before installation
- Upon successful installation of all selected Multilingual user interface (MUI) language packs, windows vista will display a confirmation screen.Click on Close button to exit, or check the Change my display language option and select a language set from the drop down list.You may optionally decide whether to apply the changes to system accounts (will change the language on Welcome Screen etc.)
- Then log off and login again to use Windows Vista with the new display language.