If you have sent your dear ones on a train journey and want to know the train status i.e. where the train’s current location is or if you are wondering when to go to the station to receive your dear ones or your guest, without idling your time at the station, Indian Railways offers the much needed helpful information.
Hereâs how you go about finding the train’s status.
- Go to www.trainenquiry.com
- click on Train between stations button on top.
- Enter the source and destination stations of the journey you are looking out for. If you just enter the names of places (for eg: chennai and Mangalore), You will be automatically taken to a page that lets you choose the appropriate station names for the source and destination locations of the journey. After choosing them, click Go.
- The next page lists all the trains running between the selected stations
- Now select the train and date of train journey (train starting date). Then click on view running status
- You will find the arrival and departure timings at various stations en-route the train journey completed and also find the expected time of arrival (ETA) and expected time of departure (ETD) of the left over journey
This is being updated at regular interval, hence you can easily find your train status and plan your visit to the station accordingly. Sounds very useful, check it out and kudos to Indian Railways .