Dev team is at it again! It has released redsn0w 0.9.5 BETA and you can Jailbreak Iphone OS 4 beta by downloading redsn0w 0.9.5 beta. However, the release is mainly for developers of jailbroken apps for Iphone.
This what the Dev team has to say:
Please not that this beta is not meant for the average end-user. There are many things “broken” with jailbroken apps in the 4.0beta1 environment right now (that’s the real reason we showed “Veency” in the 4.0 jailbreak demo video ([link]) last week, instead of say MobileTerminal.app, which is broken!). This beta redsn0w allows the developers behind those jailbroken apps (like MobileTerminal.app!) to fix their software before the general public gets iphoneOS 4.0.
Since the release is meant for app developers for jailbroken Iphones, this beta release of redsn0w does not perform hactivation and one needs a properly-registered developer UDID with Apple to get past the activation screen. For similar reasons, there is also no Windows version of this beta redsn0w (since apps are developed on Mac OS X).
Redsn0w 0.9.5 BETA supports the following devices.
- iPhone 3G only (for now)
- Mac OSX only (for now)
- the 4.0beta1 FW only (for now)
Further, one should stay away from this beta release, if he relies on a carrier lock.That’s because the beta redsn0w works only if your device has already been upgraded to the stock 4.0beta1 IPSW from Apple, which contains a baseband update. If you installed that IPSW, you’ve already lost the carrier unlock until the next planned release of ultrasn0w and blacksn0w.
Free download redsn0w 0.9.5 BETA from here.
How to use redsn0w 0.9.5 BETA?
If you’re a developer for jailbroken apps and you’ve already updated your iPhone3G to iPhone1,2_4.0_8A230m_Restore.ipsw, the following are the next steps.
- 1. Make sure you have already activated your iPhone3G with iTunes and your developer UDID
- 2. Launch the beta redsn0w 0.9.5
- 3. Select your stock iPhone1,2_4.0_8A230m_Restore.ipsw file (Note that you would have already used this to update your iPhone3G to 4.0beta1)
- 4. Select “Install Cydia” and click “Next”. Use DFU mode to install the jailbreak.
- When your iPhone3G comes back up, you’ll notice Cydia has a blank white icon. You’ll also notice Cydia has no sources. Go to the Sources panel and add this repo: http://apt.saurik.com/cydia-3.7 (be sure you have a carrier or Wi-Fi signal first). When Cydia restarts, you should see its real logo now, and the standard sources should be ready to use.
That is! Start developing apps for jailbroken Iphones.