Office 2010 Environment Assessment Tool is a Microsoft Office 2010 Upgrade Assessor and a comprehensive environment scanning tool. This is a free tool from Microsoft to assist enterprise customers (can be used by others as well) in assessing whether Microsoft Office 2010 can be deployed.
This tool can be used to scan the environment where office 2010 is intended to be deployed. After scanning, it will identify the following.
- All currently installed applications and installation environment
- Add-ins currently in use by Microsoft Office clients
- Programs that are not registered as add-ins but still interact with MS Office programs
This Microsoft Office 2010 Upgrade Advisor will also produce the following reports.
- A report of all potential upgrade issues
- An Add-ins assessment report that will list all third party programs and information about the compatibility of those programs with Microsoft Office 2010
Office 2010 Environment Assessment Tool will collect information from the following Microsoft Office applications installed in the assessed environment.
- Microsoft Office 97
- Microsoft Office 2000
- Microsoft Office XP
- Microsoft Office 2003
- 2007 Microsoft Office system
- Microsoft Office 2010
This tool will require .NET Framework 2.0 or above and MS Office Excel 2007 or MS Office Excel 2010. If you do not have those software, you can download and install the free Office 2007 Professional or the Free Office 2010 Beta to use this tool.
Free download the Microsoft Office 2010 Upgrade assessment tool and enjoy the comprehensive environment scanning tool for deploying Microsoft Office 2010.