Platinum SEO Plugin is the ultimate wordpress SEO solution.This plugin is now in version 2.0.7 and you can check out the new features by downloading and using it on your WordPress Website. Find below the history of this WordPress Plugin. But for the latest updates of this reborn plugin, you will have to go here –Platinum SEO WordPress Plugin.
V2.0.7 support the following features:
- Redirection in WordPress using the HTTP Redirection Status Codes like 301 and 302. The 301 Redirects are redirects in PHP.
- Find and fix 404 Page Not Found Error
- Generate Json Schema and include it in any post or page after combining the multiple Json Schema MarkUps, if any.
The plugin has a 12 year old history. Here is when and how this plugin was born. Uberdose, built the world’s most popular wordpress plugin “All in One SEO” (His site no longer exists).. I too liked his plugin but was looking for more options in it.I then went on to develop Platinum SEO plugin for my own blogs. Platinum SEO plugin not only automated SEO for wordpress blogs, but also provided the ultimate on site SEO (search engine optimization) solution for wordpress blogs. The plugin was very popular in 2012 and earlier and had seen more than a million downloads then. You can find a comprehensive guide on using the smart WordPress SEO options in this plugin for smart benefits.
Features of Platinum SEO Plugin (Versions prior to 2.0):
If you are already using All In One SEO Pack, this plugin will automatically import all the settings, that you have defined using that plugin.You just need to validate the imported settings.Platinum SEO Pack is also compatible with earlier versions of wordpress, though I recommend you to upgrade to the latest version.
- Optimizes Post and Page Titles for search engines
- Generates all SEO relevant META tags automatically
- Helps you avoid duplicate content
- Lets you override any title and set any META description and META keywords, for any post or page
- Compatible with most other plugins, like Auto Meta, Ultimate Tag Warrior and others.However you may have to disable All in One SEO pack
- You don’t have to fear changing permalinks. If you are not satisfied with the current permalink, change it through Settings–>Permalinks in your admin panel, without worrying about loss of Page rank or Google penalty.Platinum SEO plugin will take care of issuing a 301 redirect to the new location.
- Add meta description and meta keywords tags to WordPress Categories and WordPress Tag pages. Read on how to do it here
- Add index, noindex, follow or nofollow, noarchive, nosnippet, noodp, noydir meta tags to any post or page.These options are not available in All in one SEO Pack.Find out why this option to set post or page level HTML meta robots tag is necessary?
- Options to noindex category pages, archives, tag pages, comment feeds, RSS feeds, search result pages, sub pages of home or category or tag pages.These are not available in All in One SEO pack.
- Nofollow external links on front page (Home page, Category page, etc – This feature is also not available in All in One SEO pack
How to install Platinum SEO Plugin?
- 1. Unzip into your `/wp-content/plugins/` directory. If you’re uploading it make sure to upload the top-level folder. Don’t just upload all the PHP files and put them in `/wp-content/plugins/`.
- 2. Deactivate All in One SEO, if you are using it.Don’t worry as all your settings in All in One SEO are automatically imported into Platinum SEO
- 3. Activate the Platinum SEO plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- 4. Visit your SEO options (*Options – Platinum SEO*) for WordPress 2.3.x, (*Settings – Platinum SEO*) for WordPress 2.5.x
That’s all folks!
Download Platinum SEO Plugin from wordpress repository, install, use and let me know your feedback.
Version 2.0.6 – Platinum WordPress SEO Plugin now has 404 Manager to handle 404 Error and a Redirection Manager to manage any Redirection in WordPress using any HTTP Redirection Status Codes in Platinum SEO Plugin.
Version 2.0 – Platinum WordPress SEO Plugin has been completely rewritten from scratch while maintaining backward compatibility with the older version.
Most recent update: Version 1.3.4 of Platinum SEO plugin supports custom taxonomies. Custom post types are supported by default. You could find more details on this update here – Platinum seo 1.3.4
Update: Version 1.2.3 of wordpress Platinum SEO plugin has been introduced. Now you can prevent comments paging duplicates in wordpress 2.7. (Update: This option is no longer needed as SERPS now support canonical URLs and the plugin lets you have turn on canonical URLs.)
Update: Version 1.2.4 of wordpress Platinum SEO plugin provides support for canonical URLs.. Now you can automatically generate Canonical URLs using Platinum SEO in wordpress.
Update: Version 1.2.5 Corrected a minor character set problem for an European language (Bulgarian) and Version 1.2.6 Corrected a minor problem with canonical links for single pages.
Update: Version 1.2.8 of Platinum SEO plugin has been released and it is almost the same as version 1.2.7, in terms of features.It only fixes a few typo errors that caused superficial PHP bugs.
Update: Version 1.2.9 of the plugin has been released. WordPress Page title or Post title rewrites can now be tuned on/off for any post or page.
Update: Version 1.3 of the plugin has been released. WordPress Page title format or Post title format can be disabled at an individual post or page level.
A separate form has been added to facilitate hassle free migration from All in one seo to Platinum SEO plugin.
Update: Version 1.3.3 of Platinum SEO plugin is now compatible with Brian Clarke’s Scribe LLC plugin.
Update: Version 1.3.4 of Platinum SEO plugin supports custom taxonomies. Custom post types are supported by default.