The foremost method to make a site optimized for Google search engine is getting backlinks and the best way to know
- who links to your blog and
- the total number of such links
is ofcourse Google Webmaster Tools.But you can get alerted of who links to your blog via Google blog search.
Goto Google blog search and type link:yourblogurl.com in the search blox.For example, I will do a blog search for links to this site as link:techblissonline.com.The results would show a sample of such links.However Google had long stopped providing a comprehensive list of links via the link command.
How to stay upto date on who links to your blog?
You would also notice at the bottom of the search results, three links for staying upto date on who links to your blog.For this blog the links were
- Create an email alert for link:http://techblissonline.com/
- Add a blog search gadget for link:http://techblissonline.com/ to your Google homepage
- Subscribe to a blog search feed for link:http://techblissonline.com/ in Google Reader
Thus you can get alerted via email,via gadget on you igoogle(personalised Google home page) and you can also subscribe to a blog search feed for link:http://www.yourblogurl.com/ in Google Reader.Subscribing to blog search feed for incoming links via google Reader is a relatively new feature.
WordPress dashboard would also provide a preview of such incoming links.Clicking “More” will take you to Google blog search