TOC (Table Of Contents) is an important tool in all formal and lengthy Word documents, as it helps in organizing the content and allows easy navigation through the Word documents. Earlier we covered how to create Table Of Contents in Word 2007. Here we will cover how to format, update or delete Table Of Contents (TOC).
How to Format Table Of Contents (TOC)?
- Select the existing Table Of Contents(TOC).
- Go to the References tab, in the Table of Contents group, click Table of Contents, and then click Insert Table of Contents.
- In the Table of Contents dialog box, do any of the following:
- To change how many heading levels are displayed in the table of contents, enter the number that you want in the box next to Show levels, under General.
- To change the overall look of your table of contents, click a different format in the Formats list. You can see what your choice looks like in the Print Preview and Web Preview areas.
- To change the way heading levels are displayed in the table of contents, click Modify. In the Style dialog box, click the level that you want to change, and then click Modify. In the Modify Style dialog box, you can change the font, the size, and the amount of indentation.
How to update Table Of Contents (TOC)?
If you added or removed any headings or other TOC entries in your document, update the table of contents as follows:
- Click the References tab in the Table of Contents group and click Update Table.
- Click Update entire table if any headings has been added or removed.Else, click Update page numbers only, to update the page numbers where the various heading can be found.
How to delete Table Of Contents (TOC)?
- On the References tab, in the Table of Contents group, click Table of Contents.
- Click Remove Table of Contents.
That is all about formatting Word 2007 Table Of Contents (TOC).