– We earlier saw how to set up windows media center in windows 7. In this guide, we will explain how to watch live TV or internet TV in media center.
To watch live TV in your laptop or computer through the media center on windows 7, you need a TV tuner and a TV signal source such as an cable TC jack or a TV antenna. If you don’t have a TV tuner, you may still be able to watch internet TV but not live TV. There are a lot of TV tuner cards available in the market and these can be connected to the computer via the USB port or an internal expansion slot.
Before you can watch live TV or internet TV, you need to set up Windows 7 Media Center.Here is a guide on setting up windows media center.
Windows media Center – How to watch live TV?
Here are the steps to watch live TV on media center in windows 7.
- Click Start => All Programs => Windows Media Center on your computer running windows 7.
- On the Windows Media Center start screen, scroll to TV, and then click “Live TV”. You can alternatively click “Guide” after scrolling to TV , and then choose a TV show to watch
- You can control playback of live TV through the various controls that appear at the bottom of the windows 7 media center screen. You will find a pause button, skip forward and backward buttons, volume and channel control buttons. You can use these controls with a mouse and keyboard or with a Media Center remote control
Windows Media Center – How to watch internet TV?
- Click Start => All Programs => Windows Media Center in your PC or laptop running windows 7.
- On the Windows Media Center start screen, scroll to Extras, click Internet TV, and then browse and choose the content to watch.The content includes many different TV shows, movies, and music videos to watch directly from the web.
Internet TV option can be seen only in regions where this is available.If you don’t find a “Internet TV” option in windows 7 Media Center, then it is probably not available in your region.
Unlike live TV, Internet TV just requires an internet connection and you don’t need a special hardware like a TV tuner card! But an analog or digital TV tuner is required to play and record live TV in Windows 7 Media Center.