Do you get errors when you try to open a Word Document? Are you looking for ways to fix corrupted or damaged word Documents? Read on to find out the various methods to recover Word Documents.
How to Repair Word Document ?
There is an option to repair Word documents within MS Word and it is the easiest way to repair documents (both .doc and .docx formats).The following are the steps:
- Open Word 2007 or an earlier version of MS word application, based on the type of word document you are trying to repair
- In word 2007, Click on the Office icon at the top left corner and choose Open. In earlier versions, choose File >> Open
- Navigate to the folder where you have the corrupted document and choose Open and Repair
That is it! MS Word will repair the damaged document and open it for you. If for some reason, the built-in repair feature of Word does not work, you can try a freeware called Repair My word.
Word Document Recovery with Repair My word:
Repair My word is an excellent free software to recover text from damaged or corrupted Word documents (only .doc files), that will not open normally. The recovered text can then be saved as an error free Microsoft Word Document. Repair My word helps in fixing the following common errors encountered in MS Word.
- “The document name or path is not valid. Try these suggestions. Check the file permissions for the document or drive. Use the File Open dialog box to locate the document.”
- “Word cannot open the document.”
- “Word cannot open the document: user does not have access privileges.”
- “When you attempt to open a Microsoft Word 97 document into Microsoft Word version 6.x or 7.x, the document contains garbage characters.
- “Unable to read word document Files”
- “WORD.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows.You will need to restart the program.An error log is being created.”
- ‘??.doc’ cannot be accessed. The file may be read-only, or you may be trying to access a read-only location. Or, the server the document is stored on may not be responding.
Download Repair My Word from here. Using it is as easy as opening the corrupted Word file, previewing the recoverable text in the preview window and saving the text to a new error free Word document.
Other Word Recovery Solutions:
If you use OpenOffice, then you can even try to open the corrupted word document in OpenOffice and save it in MS WORD 97/2000/XP format. Finally you can check Microsoft KB826864 to troubleshoot and recover damaged Word Documents.