Earlier we covered an article on how to carry out Word Formatting using styles in Word 2007. Here we will explain how to create a style and a style set in Word 2007.
How to create a new Quick Style in Word 2007?
The following are the steps to create a new Quick Style in Word 2007.
- Select the text that you want to create as a new style.
- Format the text using the mini toolbar that appears above the selected text
- On the Home tab, in the Styles group click “Save Selection as a New Quick Style”
- Give the style a name, and then click OK
- The new style that you created appears in the Quick Styles gallery with the name you gave it, ready for you to use
How to modify a style in the Quick Style set in Word 2007?
Find below the steps to modify a style in the Quick Style set of Word 2007.
- On the Home tab, in the Styles group, right-click the style that you want to modify in the Quick Style gallery. To find and change more styles in the set, click the up arrow or down arrow next to the Quick Styles gallery.
- Click Modify on the shortcut menu.
- In the Modify Style dialog box, change the style any way that you want, and then click OK. For example, right-click Heading 2, click Modify and change the color or the font style or font size and click OK. All instances of the style are updated automatically throughout the document.
How to create a custom Quick Style set in Word 2007?
Find below the steps to create a custom Quick Style set in Word 2007.
- Find more styles in a Quick Style set by clicking the up arrow or down arrow next to the Quick Styles gallery and modify them by following the steps detailed above.
- You can also create new styles and add them to the Quick Style set, by following the steps detailed under “How to create a new Quick Style in Word 2007?”
- On the Home tab, in the Styles group, click Change Styles, and then point to Style Set. Click Save as Quick Style Set.
- In the Save Quick Style Set dialog box, type a name for your new Quick Style set, and then click Save.
- To view the new Quick Style set, click Change Styles in the Styles group, and then point to Style Set. The new Quick Style set appears in the list so that you can apply it to a document at any time.
Create Quick Styles and improve your productivity in styling your word documents.